The Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust is working in partnership with Caterlink, an award-winning catering provider, to provide an improved service to our schools. We hope that this new partnership will bring many benefits to our school families including:
● New healthy menus with increased choice including vegan options
● The use of fresh, seasonal and local ingredients wherever possible
● A high quality & professional dining experience for pupils.
Our children can choose between a hot and cold meal every day.
Children in Reception, Y1 and Y2 qualify for a free school meal through the Government’s ‘Universal Free School Meals’ initiative.
The cost of a school meal is £2.20 a day for children in Years 3-6.
Your children are entitled to free school meals if you receive one of the below benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit and have an annual income of no more than £7,400
- Child Tax Credit, but not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) of no more than £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- or are being supported by the National Asylum Support Service (NASS)
If you meet any of the above criteria, please click on this link to make a free school meal application.
Children may bring a packed lunch from home as an alternative to a school meal. We request that parents select healthy options for packed lunches and remind you that we are a nut-free school, meaning that no nut based products can be eaten within school. Fizzy drinks and sweets are not to be sent in with packed lunches.
If children wish to change between school meals and packed lunches, we ask that this is done at the start of a half term, with the school office being notified of any changes prior to the end of the previous term. Please contact Miss Stephenson with any questions.