St Gerard’s Nominated Safeguarding Staff are:
Designated Safeguarding Lead: Miss V White
Nominated named person: Mrs K Parkinson
The Executive Head Teacher is Mr M Macaulay
The Head of School is Miss V White
The Pastoral Lead is Mrs K Parkinson
- All teaching and support staff have had Child Protection Awareness training.
- Mr Macaulay, Miss White and at least one member of our Local Management Board are ‘Safer Recruitment’ trained.
- Mr Macaulay has been trained to deliver Prevent Strategy training to staff (WRAP Training).
- All teachers and teaching support staff have undertaken Channel General Awareness training with regards to the Prevent Strategy.
- Miss White has been trained as Educational Visits Coordinator and Health & Safety Coordinator.
- All teaching and support staff have undertaken a range of medical training including Asthma Awareness, Diabetes and use of an epipen for children with allergies
- We currently have 5 members of staff who have successfully completed ‘First Aid at Work’ or ‘Paediatric First Aid’ training.
If you have any worries or concerns about any of the children connected to our school, please do not hesitate to contact one of the nominated people.
Operation Encompass directly connects the police with schools to ensure support for children living with domestic abuse in their homes when there has been a police attended incident of Domestic Abuse. Rapid provision of support within the school environment means children are better safeguarded against the short-, medium- and long-term effects of domestic abuse.